2021 – 2026 Strategic Plan
Success – we believe an individual’s success becomes the success of the institution
Integrity– we are committed to excellence and honesty in everything we do
Respect– we promote inclusiveness, diversity, and compassion for all people
Adaptability– we are responsive and innovative in meeting the needs of our students and community
Collaboration – we work as a team fostering internal and external partnerships
Long Term Goals
- Increase SCC enrollment through existing college programs and the development of new programs that support student success and community job growth.
2026 Target: Increase college FTE by 25%
- Increase SCC Foundation support for college programs through gifts, donations and grants awarded.
2026 Target: Increasing funding of unrestricted gifts by 25% and awarded grants by 40%
- Improve college infrastructure that supports existing programs, future programming for student/community success.
2026 Target: Increase funding support on college infrastructure by 25%
- Expand the diversity of our faculty and staff through inclusive hiring practices promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workspace.
2026 Target: Increase diversity among faculty and staff by 25%
- Engage college employees and the citizens of Columbus County in activities that support a healthy community.
2026 Target: Increase the level of activity in college-sponsored community and health activities by 25%
Short Term Goals
To be completed by June 30, 2023.
- Programming/Enrollment– Implement the newly developed program review process to improve current education and training programs relevant to the needs of the community and business/industry.
- Funding – Highlight unrestricted giving for the 2022-2023 Community Annual Fund Drive that will begin in the fall with a target of $88,000.00 in unrestricted gifts. Expand the RAMSFAM giving campaign to a goal of $30,000.00 and 75% employee participation. Identify and apply for grants to address program and college facility needs.
- Infrastructure – Identify, develop, and initiate renovation and new construction priorities through the use of Facilities Master Plan scenarios, internal and external partnerships, and growth opportunities.
- Employee Diversity & Development – Develop recruiting strategies to reach more potential minority applicants. Build diversity, equity, and inclusion awareness throughout the campus community.
- Community Engagement and Health – Develop a marketing and communications plan to increase participation in health and wellness events on campus by 5%.