Listed below are the steps required to begin classes in the Medical Laboratory Technology program at Southeastern Community College. These steps are provided as a guideline and, in all cases, the student should work closely with a Southeastern Community College Admissions staff and advisor in the admissions process.
- Complete and return the Southeastern Community College Admissions Application.
- Take the college placement assessment in the Counseling Center. Placement assessment dates and times are available in the Admissions Office or at www.sccnc.edu. SAT or ACT scores may substitute.
- Request official high school and college transcripts to be sent to SCC. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Students must have met the following prerequisites to progress through the MLT program:
- MLT 110: Introduction to MLT
- ACA 122: College Transfer
- ENG 002 or BSP 4002
- MAT 003 or BSP 4008
- ENG 011
- MAT 021
- Upon successful completion of the prerequisites, students will continue to progress in the MLT program.
- ACA: 122: College Transfer Success
- CHM 151:General Chemistry I
- MLT 111: Urinalysis & Body Fluids (prerequisites MLT 110, ENG 002 or BSP 4002, BIO 163)*
- MLT 140: Introduction to Microbiology (prerequisites MLT 110, ENG 002 or BSP 4002, BIO 163)*
- ENG 111: Writing& Inquiry
- CHM 152: General Chemistry II
- MLT 120: Hematology/Hemostasis I (prerequisite MLT 110)*
- MLT 126: Immunology & Serology (prerequisite MLT 110)*
- MLT 127: Transfusion Medicine (prerequisite MLT 110)*
- PSY 150: General Psychology
- PHI 240: Introduction to Ethics
- MLT 215: Professional Issues (prerequisites MLT 111, 120, 126, 127, 140)*
- BIO 211: Pathophysiology
- ENG 112: Writing/Research in the Disc
- MLT 130: Clinical Chemistry (prerequisites MLT 110, CHM 151/152*
- MLT 220: Hematology/Hemostasis II (prerequisite MLT 120)*
- MLT 240: Special Clinical Microbiology (prerequisites MLT 111, 140)*
* Current status in MLT Program. NOTE: All MLT students should possess the ability to demonstrate the technical standards.